Sunday, October 07, 2007

7Oct07 - Sunday

I woke up an hour late today!!!!!! My alarm didn't ring at all. I was supposed to be at church for Sunday school at 9am this morning, and it was already 8:50am when I got up! I got to church at around 9:45am. Lucky that Elaina and Sophia were there to help out as well, so they were running the class when I got there. I felt sooooooooooooooooooooo terrible about being late!!!!!!!!!!
I guess I am getting more and more involved with the kids ministry at church these days. The kids at church are all lovely, but they can be quite out of control at times as well. I am still praying and learning how to love them and be a good role model and leader. I felt a bit discouraged at times, and felt that I am not well equipped or experienced for the ministry as yet... I guess I am still in the very early days of my involvement in the ministry. Hopefully, I will get more experience and skills in doing better in the future.
I got myself a new wireless router today as I am fed up with the problems I am having with my current one. The wireless signal on my current one is really weak, and there is actually no reception at all in the lounge area of the apartment! I am hoping that getting a new router will resolved all the problems I was having with my wireless connection. I was very ambitious in wanting to set up the router myself. In the past, I have always ask someone to do it for me. I thought it is about time for me to learn some new skills. I tried following the instruction and attempted to install it myself,but failed! For some strange reason, the installation program couldn't detect the modem. I have no idea why that is! I will have to wait until Tuesday and try set it up while Technical Support is available. Friends have offered to help me out with setting it up, but for various reasons, I want to try sort it out myself first.
Had yum cha with members of the extended family today after church. It was great seeing them. Haven't seen most of them for AGES! We used to meet up more often, but I guess the busyness in life these days have made us less motivated in meeting up and catching up. Walked around town with mom, Bill, Vida, and Auntie Grace after lunch. It was quite enjoyable and relaxing.

No comments: