Monday, October 08, 2007

I did it!!!

After conquering for 2 nights, I finally managed to set up my new wireless router. I did it all on my own this time, so I am proud of myself! ^^ In the past, I have always relied on Gwai to solve my IT problems. These days, he doesn't really have that much time to help me out, since he is so busy at home with Ange, ministries at church, work, with his driving lessons, etc etc. I guess I just can't rely on others all the time, so I wanted to try work it out myself.
I had problems last night when I was trying to installed the new router. For some strange reason, the installation wizard that came with the router didn't work for me. I couldn't figure out what went wrong. I wanted to call technical support for some help, but it wasn't available last night. I gave up and thought I'd better try installing it again when I can call in for some technical support.
I guess I was desperate in resolving my internet connection problems, so I tried setting the router up again tonight. I knew that the problem I had was with the installation wizard, so I was trying to look for ways to get around it and set up the router using the http:// address instead. I eventually found it and managed to set up the router. The net connection was all fine using LAN connection, but when I unplugged the LAN line, the connection dropped out. I started googling for possible solutions to the problem, and eventually found something that is helpful. I followed the suggestions steps and eventually managed to set up the wireless as well. ^^ Now, there is full coverage all through the apartment. I can get onto the net from the living room as well! :)
I am so happy that I have learnt something new. I am sure this new skills will come in handy in the future, especially if I end up heading out to the field.

No comments: