Thursday, July 17, 2008

2 years anniversary of my STM trip to Taiwan

It is hard to believe it has been 2 yrs since my STM in Taiwan. The memories of the trip are still quite fresh in my mind. My life has changed quite dramatically since coming back from the trip. I have quitted my job, and have started studying full time at SMBC. I have changed from attending the Cantonese congregation at CBC to the 11am English congregation. I have changed my ministry focus to kids ministry and have since taken on more responsibilities and been given lots of opportunities to develop and grow at church. I have been given a lot of support from my church and the pastoral team in responding to God's calling. All these things have happened without my own anticipation. God is great! From a girl who was so messed up in life, he changed me to whom I am today. Through Him, I am dead to my old self and have been made a new person. I can't imagine how life would have been if He wouldn't have given up on me. I am most thankful that despite my rebellion, He waited patiently for me to go back to Him.

Lord God, why are you so gracious to me? Thank you for your love and thank you for your grace and salvation. Please help me and guide me as I prepare myself for your service.

No comments: