Tuesday, June 10, 2008

My first ever Children's Talk...

I did my first ever Children's Talk for church on Sunday. It went well. I am sooooooooooooooo encouraged by the whole experience. From preparing the talk to delivering it on Sunday, I know that God has guided me and led me all the way. The Holy Spirit was there helping me throughout, giving me the wisdom from Him to know what to do, how I should prepare it, and also giving me the peace and joy and preparing and delivering it. I have to say, I really enjoyed the process. God is so GREAT. He knew exactly what I needed at the time. I was feeling so downcast and discouraged with how I am going at college a little while back, but through my ministry He encouraged me and made me refocused as to the reason I am at college. Although I might not be doing well at college academically, that is no doubt that what I am learning at college is making an impact on my ministry and blessing by being bolder in spreading His good news and sharing His Word. Having worked in the children ministry at church for the last 2 yrs or so, I realised that I am starting to love the kids at church more and more. They are very special and unique. Although I have rough times with them occasionally, I am thankful that those times haven't discouraged me from wanting to continue to work among them. Being able to relate to the kids and help them in knowing more about God and developing a relationship with Him is such a wonderful blessing.

Father Lord, thank you for being such an amazing God. Thank you for looking after me and giving me help and encouragement as I needed them. Father, thank you for guiding me and helping me with the Children's Talk. Father, I pray that you will continue to mould me and shape me, refine me into a fine vessel pleasing in your eyes. Bless the kids at church Lord and may your Holy Spirit teach them and guide them into knowing you and in developing a personal relationship with you.

Thank you Lord. Amen!

This is Christine, one of my kids at church.

No comments: