Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Going through rough patches...

Things aren't going too well in life at the moment. I am not doing well at college, in fact, I am really struggling with it. At church, I am not doing so well with the kids ministry either. I thought I was improving, but last Sunday's Kidzxtra program just turned out to be a total disaster. On top of all these, I am having difficulty relating to my parents and living with them. I had a really stressful day today. I had a major argument with my parents and felt that need to move out. I am seriously considering moving into college next year. There are a few logistical issues which I will have to sort out if I am doing so, and I will have to find ways of funding that as well. I guess I will have to pray about it and see how God leads. I felt really negative today after the argument with my parents. I have lost sight of the joy and hope and peace which is in Him. I was too overwhelmed by the pressure and the issues I have in life. I can't remember how long I cried, I can only remember tears rolling down my face uncontrollably all afternoon. Even though I felt really bad this afternoon and have lost sight of the hope and joy in Him, God was with me. I know that He is with me always, and He knows how I feel. While I was crying in front of my laptop, He sent angels to encourage me through IM and emails. I received words of encouragement from His children, and I know that brothers and sisters have been praying for me. I know that I am not alone on this journey, and I am thankful and glad that He has put people in my life to support me, to encouragement me, and to walk with me in my spiritual journey. Thank you Lord.

I am sorry that I have been losing focus on Your greatness and Your sovereignty, Your faithfulness and Your promises. God, please help me to look upon You and not be focused on myself or the issues in life. Help me to put all my trust in You and rely on You Lord. Please help me into surrendering my all to you. Father, please help me and lead me to get through the rough patches in life. It is only by your grace that I can get through these and be back on my feet again. Father Lord, I trust that You have lead me on this journey and have brought me to where I am. Please help me in pressing on and continue to walk on this journey.I know that it is not gonna be easy, but I trust that you are there with me and will hold my hand and lead me through. Father, please grant me the desire to know Your Word more. Thank you Father. Although I am weak, I know that You are there with me. Thank you for being patience with me and loving me the way I am.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all those who have been praying for me and encouraging me... thank you Jay, Pete, Pastor Tse, Sam, Jan, Elaine, and Philip for all your support and prayers. I really appreciate it. I thank God for having you all in as friends. May the Lord continue to bless our friendship and teach me to relate to you all and support you in prayers as well.

Although things might look a bit stormy at the moment, I trust that God is leading me through, and soon I can see the sun shinning through again...

No comments: