Sunday, August 06, 2006

Beef noodles (牛肉麵) set for 245NT?????

I went to a Taiwanese cafe near church for lunch with some church friends after service today. I was delighted in going to a Taiwanese cafe, thinking that it is going to bring back good memories of my time in Taipei. However, when I looked at the menu, I was shock to know how much more we have to pay for a bowl of beef noodles which is not even half as tasty as the ones we had in Taipei! At the cafe we were at, a bowl of beef noodles costs $8, which is approximately 196NT. A standard pearl milk tea (500mL) cost $5.5, which is approximately 135NT. The cafe offers a beef noodles set at a discounted price of $10.50, equivalent to 245NT. That is nearly 4 times what we pay in Taipei!!!

I really miss all the good food we can find at Shi Da! The Nicholsons are truely blessed to be living in such a nice area surrounded with good restaurants and night market.

I miss Taiwan. I guess Taipei has became my second home. Really look forward to returning there one day.

No comments: