Thursday, August 10, 2006

Good bye to my VAIO

It is finally time for me to say good bye to my SONY VAIO. I guess my VAIO is some what special to me, as it is the first laptop I ever bought myself. It was very expensive (cost me $3,999 4 years ago!).

I guess the trip to Taiwan, all the transit was a bit too much for my VAIO. It decided not to function properly since the first day I got back.... there were problems booting it up, problems in charging the battery, problems with the AC power inlet, and problems with it hibernating from time to time (I guess that is b/c of the problem with power supply)! I was hoping that I will wait till next year to buy a new laptop, but all the signs are telling me my VAIO is probably not going to last till then!

I am looking forward to spending time on my new laptop. I have decided to go with ASUS this time. (I guess I am really turning into a Taiwanese, huh??!!!) The model I am getting is A6J. It has all the things I wanted on a laptop, and the price is quite reasonable. :) Hopefully, I will enjoy it as much as I enjoyed my VAIO initially. :P

Transferring data from my old laptop to my new one is gonna be a tedious task.... I think I will just leave that to Gwai and Griffon to fix for me. Haha.

No comments: