Sunday, August 06, 2006

Roland's wedding

I went to my cousin, Roland's wedding today. I really enjoyed it. It was such a beautiful wedding. Although it wasn't as grand as the Fiona's, but it was really warm and loving. While I was sitting in the chapel listening to their vows to each other, there were tears in my eyes. I was so glad that they are finally together and tied the knot after being apart for a few years.

Roland and Gazal met in Nepal while Rol was working with AusAid over there. Gazal is a Nepalese born in India but grew up in Nepal. In the past few years they have been living in different countries, but that didn't stop them in loving each other. I guess they are meant to be together and God has really blessed them in their relationship. I pray that God will bless their new family and that the family will walk with the Lord for generations to come.

While at the wedding, I had the chance to catch up with a lot of my cousins and relatives as well. Many of them were interested in how my trip was. I shared with a few of them the wonderful experience I had, and mentioned to them that I am hoping to go into bible college next year if God is willing. All of my cousins were excited in knowing that God has called me to serve Him ful time, they were all willing to pray for me regularly from now on. My cousin Lyndon and his wife Kath even mentioned that they are willing to support me on a monthly basis while I am at college and when I go out in the field. How encouraging is that!!!!!!

I am so blessed by the Lord in having such wonderful Christians in my extended family. They have certainly been a great support to me. I have asked them to pray for my parents that they will have peace from the Lord when I share my vision and intention with them. I know that God is a gracious God and He answer prayers. I am sure He will perform miracles according to His will. May His name be glorified alone!

Tomorrow is my first day back at church after being away for 5 weeks. Pray that I will know how to share my experience with brothers and sisters tomorrow and that my sharing will be a blessing and encouragement to them.

No comments: