Monday, October 30, 2006

Volleyball...

After searching for a team/ club to join in the last few weeks, I finally decided to sign up with Baulkham Hills Volleyball Club. I went to training last Friday night. Man... it was soooooooo much fun! I got to play with players from different grades. Man, some of them are really really good players! We had drill practice for 45mins and started playing games after that. I can't remember how many games we played in total, but it was already past 11:30pm when I left. We started at 8:15pm.... that means I played for at least 2 and a half hours non-stop! I can't remember the last time I played that much volleyball in a day! If I can keep up with going to trainning every Friday night, I am sure I will get much better at volleyball and get much better in shape too... haha! =)

Tonight's match was the first comp. match I played in years. It was quite enjoyable but not as challenging as I thought. I thought the game would be much more intense and past paced. But then I guess that was because I am only playing in C grade this season. The match tonight was even easier than the games I played on Friday night.The team which I got placed in was already one of the better teams in C grade, but yet not everyone can play well. I guess that is one of the reason why Joe, the coach, wanted me to play in B grade in the first place. Oh well, now that I am playing with this team, I am stuck for the rest of the season. I guess I should take this opportunity to really get myself more familiar with moving around the courts and improve my skills on different position and change to a B grade team for next season.

Our team won all 3 sets tonight. I don't know how we are doing overall (the comp actually started 3 weeks ago, so I am joining half way through), but hopefully we will get into the grand final for our grade at the end of the season. I don't know anyone on my team yet as this is the first week I have joined the team. They all seems like a friendly bunch though. Hopefully, I will get to know them better as the season goes on.

I really hope that I will become a more proficient player by next season.

Really hoping to play a good game with you next time we meet up, JS. =)

No comments: