Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Feeling a bit blue...

Feeling a bit blue and stressed after having the chat with my boss yesterday. I have told him in the past that I want to move into the product management area, and he has suggested me a few times to consider going out into the field for a year or so.
The company is setting up a new field force, and my boss has asked me again to consider going out on the field to gain some sales experience. To be honest, I don't really want to go out in the field. I don't think I am a good 'sales' person, I have learnt from experience in HK that I am not! Also, I am only gonna work for another 12 mths before I start full time college anyway.
These days I am feeling a bit stressed.... on the one hand, my boss is urging me to think seriously about my career succession, and where I want to be. On the other hand, I know that I am leaving the work force in 12 mths time, but can't tell my boss about it. I have to try my best in performing well at my job, and should aim for promotion and stuff, but then I know that I am leaving soon. I really don't know what I should do!?! Deep down, I know that I just want to do well at my current role, stay in this role for another 12 mths and resign. I think as long as I am doing well at my current job, I am happy. But then, my boss might think otherwise.
I have been in this company for close to 5 yrs now. I like the people here and I guess I enjoy my role too. I want to stay at this company for another 12 mths, then go into college. I think there is really no point in me changing job now, since I will need time to adapt to the new environment, and by the time I get used to the new environment, it will be time for me to resign anyway.
In a way, I am really looking forward to my full time college days. I know that life won't be easy then, but I am sure I will enjoy it. It is surely something I am looking forward to.
I really pray that life at work will be peaceful and enjoyable for the next 12 mths or so. Please help me Lord in knowing what I should do and help me to perform well in my job.

No comments: